Knowing When There's a Problem.

Do you have concerns about your child’s ability to communicate or to understand language? When determining whether or not your child has a problem, it is helpful to know about typical speech and language development. Here are the ASHA (American Speech-Language-Hearing Association) guidelines for what your child should be doing by age:

If you think your child may have a speech, language, or hearing problem, you should contact an ASHA-certified Speech-language pathologist (SLP) or an audiologist. An SLP will help people develop their communication abilities as well as treat speech, languages, swallowing, and voice disorders. An Audiologist specializes in prevention, diagnosis, identification, and non-medical treatment of individuals with hearing loss and balance disorders.

Featured Posts
Posts are coming soon
Stay tuned...
Recent Posts